Athletics Federation of India (AFI) is the national governing body for the sport of athletics in India. Its headquarter is based in New Delhi, with several training centers located all around the country.
The Sports Authority of India (SAI) is the national sports body of India, established in 1984 by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of Government of India (MYAS). Its central office is located in New Delhi, from where it supports and administers different sports and centers across India.
Athletics in India continues to develop rapidly, with the number of athletes and coaches growing constantly in double-figures. AFI together with SAI introduced a long-term orientated high performance plan, aiming for Olympic medals in 2024 and 2028.
As part of this program, AFI is seeking to appoint highly committed, enthusiastic and likewise qualified Indian coaches for the following NCOEs and events:
Bangalore – Sprints / Jumps / Pole Vault / Middle Distance / Race Walk
NIS Patiala – Sprints / Horizontal Jumps / Rotational Throws / Javelin Throw / Combined Events
LNCPE Trivandrum – Sprints / Jumps / Pole Vault / Middle Distance / Combined Events
Sonepat – Sprints / Middle Distance / Jumps / Pole Vault / Rotational Throws / Javelin Throw / Combined Events
Working directly with AFI’s Chief Coach (CC) and High-Performance Director (HPD) as well as SAI’s Regional Heads / Directors, you will be joining one of the most promising international talent development projects, helping to grow the local athletics scene and to nurture future medal winners of the Paris and Los Angeles Games and beyond.
The NCOE coaches will be responsible for the training of India’s most talented youth and junior athletes (U18 / U20) and for enhancing the youth / junior programs in their respective event group. They manage a team of support staff (e.g. medical and recovery specialists, sport scientists) to ensure a holistic development of India’s future medal prospects by applying AFI’s development guidelines.
AFI encourages its coaches to work independently and efficient with regards to the following main activities:
- Provide annual plans including competition, training and recovery phases
- Define individual performance and development goals for the respective athletes
- Plan and conduct the training of these athletes
- Closely monitor the training process supported by sport scientific methods
- Work with CC and HPD on continuous improvement of AFI’s high performance strategy
- Engage in coaches’ educational courses
The candidates should have experience of working with youth and junior athletes and a good understanding of athletes’ pathways.
- A World Athletics CECS Level 2 certificate (alternatively a Level 1 certificate and the ability to participate in AFI’s next Level 2 course)
- Diploma in Sports Coaching in Athletics (NIS)
- Diploma or bachelor degree in sport science is preferred
- Verifiable work experience with youth and junior athletes
- Proven leadership skills
- A positive, problem-solving attitude
- Profound people and communication skills
- A good command of English language
- Ability to guide and work with a team of professionals
- Deep technical knowledge of their event group
- Good understanding of the different sport scientific fields
In addition to 30 days annual leave on a pro-rata base, SAI offers a performance-based remuneration package. The tenure will be on contractual basis with an intended period of two years. AFI and SAI are intending to extend the tenure according to the performance of the coaches. Further terms and conditions will be finalized during the final interview.
The subject recruitments will be in accordance with the policy of Sports Authority of India (Govt. of India). Coaches who are currently engaged with other departments, are also encouraged to submit their application.
Please send your CV, a short cover letter (one DIN-A4 page in English language, sharing about your motivation), your expected salary, and a list of athletes who have been training under you to firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF format, total maximum of 5MB). We would be glad to receive your application as soon as possible, latest by August 05th, 2020.