Location: Mohali, Punjab, India
This position is responsible for creating an ecosystem that will give youngsters in the villages easy access to good sports facilities and provide a well-rounded system to identify and nurture challenge at a young age to reinvigorate football and hockey in the state. The incumbent will be required to understand the current state of affairs, interest and infra levels and identify villages to implement the Village Sports program.
S/he would be required to build networks with coaches, ex-players in villages, District Education Officers and existing partner villages and leverage the same to drive the continual engagement with villages throughout the year by implementation and improvement of sports ecosystem in these villages. The role will also be responsible for identifying and training local village SPOCs who will support in organizing inter-village tournaments and scouting young talent for academies.
- Experience in government/business/institutional relations or closely related leading corporate or public functions, with direct exposure to sports domain.
- Experience in working with sports ecosystem in India from broadcasting to league formation, while managing relationships with government and sporting bodies.
- Able to build and create an ecosystem that will give youngsters in the villages easy access to good sports facilities.
- Responsible for implementation, running, monitoring and evaluation of the program throughout the year, with the help of his/her team.
- Lead fact-based modeling efforts for a range of business initiatives and develop recommendations and narratives.
- Develop working relationships with sports bodies, key partners, government bodies and semi-autonomous bodies.
- Able to connect academies with Sports centers and to ensure that the talent generated out of the initiative is visible to all academies.
- Able to Start Sports scholarship fund while maintaining the budget and funding scenarios.
- Able to build a robust system that will identify and nurture talent at an early age.
- Should be able to start sports center programs and encourage kids’ participation through announcements at Gurudwaras, schools, village meetings and door to door campaign.
- Able to coordinate and meet village team, panchayat members and Sarpanches. To conduct tournaments
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors or post graduate degree with 10+ years of experience in handling and managing village level sports and management programs.
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective operations management and end-to end project management.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, strong experience with agenda-setting and business strategy.
- Analytical and creative thinking, strategic instincts, fascination with technology, and a passion for sports.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and advocacy skills to influence, negotiate and persuade.
- Planning, implementation, and execution of new processes and projects.
- Outstanding quantitative, financial, research, modeling, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working and multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with tech and start-up environment preferred.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a broad range of internal and external constituents.