Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI): Aspirants who want to get admission through the sports quota can start applying online on JMI website.
The application process for undergraduate and post-graduate courses are open and will be for outstanding sports persons who have represented National/State/Regional/University.
Certificate issued by the bodies recognised and funded by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) shall only be considered.
The admissions under sports category are limited to the following games:Athletics, Boxing, Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Football, Hockey, Shooting (Air Rifle, Air Pistol and Shot Gun), Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling.
Guidelines regarding Admissions:
Seats in various programs shall be reserved or special provisions be made for outstanding players.
- Candidated shall be given relaxation to extent of upto 5% marks in aggregate or in the subject concerned.
- Candidates selected shall have to give self-attested undertaking for their conduct in representing the university team at the time of admission.
- Candidates applying will also have to mention their respective playing positions on the field or team event.
- Applicant is required to self-attest three Merit/Participation certificates and only the highest uploaded Merit/Participation Sports certificates will be considered for final merit.
- Sports certificates issued between 1/04/2017 to 31/03/2020 shall only be considered valid.
- The original sports certificates of the selected candidated shall be kept in the custody of the Office of Games & Sports for atleast an year.
- For any admission related queried, Office of The Director, Games and Sports shall be contacted.
The last date of application is 16th September 2020.