|Job Title||Youth Team Coach|
|Reports to||Head of Youth Development/ Academy|
Interested candidates to send their CV along with a Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject of the email must be “Youth Team Coach – Kerala Blasters Academy”
Kerala Blasters Football Club is an Indian professional football club based in Kochi, Kerala, that competes in the Indian Super League. The club is built on three strong pillars of Collectivism, Inclusivity, and Sportsmanship, KBFC aims to being the biggest Football Club in India that generates young and talented players who not just represents the club at the National level but also the country at an international playing field, thereby reinforcing the legacy of Kerala towards the sport.
To manage a team of players and support staff and prepare them during training and competition events for sporting performance and ensure continuous improvement of technical skills.
● Organizing and scheduling trials and shortlisting potential players.
● Determining individual player abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, and factoring these into the gameplay and strategy sessions.
● Establishing rules and regulations and ensuring players are familiar with them.
● Organizing team building sessions and activities off the field.
● Fostering good sportsmanship in all team players, resolving disputes, and addressing bad behavior in a timely manner.
● Identifying exceptional players who might be scouted for Senior Category teams
● Develop and evaluate player performance.
● Conducting research and analyzing previous games to develop game plans, tactics, techniques, formations, and strategies.
● To take responsibility for their own continuous professional development and attend relevant training courses to improve their coaching delivery
● To follow and implement program given by head of youth development
● Maintaining flexibility in a work schedule that may include days, evenings, and weekends as needed.
● To provide appropriate mentoring, support and guidance to other coaches, players, and support staff
● To continually monitor and evaluate all sessions, activities, and programs and provide the Head of youth development with concise progress reports and training logs linked to agreed work programmes;
● Plans, implements and evaluates practice sessions.
● Develops effective game plans. Prepares team physically, mentally and emotionally for competition; maintains and meets high expectations for team athletic success.
● Ensure all support staff are in attendance
● Attend all competition-related press conferences as required under competition regulations
● Attend all media-related duties
● Be part of Grassroots Programs designed by the club
● Responsible for knowledge-sharing session with Young Blasters Coaches
● Any other duties as defined by the Head of Youth Development/Academy Director/Sporting Director/ Wholetime Director from time to time
Who we are looking For
● AFC B License Diploma or equivalent license
● Preferably 2 years of coaching experience in Football Clubs/Academies/National Level
● Professional Proficiency in English
● Leadership Orientation
● Accepts accountability for all tasks and is able to take responsibility for outcomes
● Experience in achieving outcomes and results through influencing the way resources are utilized as well as in managing them directly.
● Strong people management experience.
● Communication skills to cater to internal/external stakeholders
● Proactive in planning, organizing, and managing multiple priorities
● Comfortable with ambiguity and navigating fast-paced changes